Please join us in celebrating your love of sewing! We provide networking opportunities for sewing enthusiasts and welcome everyone who loves to sew regardless of skill level. Come for inspiration, to learn from each other, & share your love of sewing with us and the community.
We are 150+ members who love to sew and create!
San Jose In Stitches Challenges
- September -
Make a Bag or Purse!
To submit your photo please click on the button below
We have started the "2024" Challenge year.
To view all the entries for 2023 click here
San Jose in Stitches Challenge
Celebrate our chapter by participating in the San Jose in Stitches Challenges!
To enter the contest, you must make the challenge of the month, take a picture and use the Submit Entry button and fill out the Form. (Don’t worry the Form will get your photo to the Website manager, social media coordinator and newsletter editor.) A photo of a completed challenge gives you one chance to win a $100 prize. Your photo may appear in our newsletter, our website and our social media pages so that all can enjoy your projects. (The maker does not need to appear in the photo) The winner will be chosen randomly from the entries (pictures) received. The challenges are as follows:
September Make a Bag or purse
October Make a project using sweater knit or any knit
November Make a Community Service Project
December Make a gift
2024 challenges will be added December 2023.
Let’s see how creative and productive we can be! Good luck and happy sewing!
The rules are as follows:
1. Entries must be hand made. Sewing, quilting, machine or hand embroidery, knitting, crochet, beading, weaving, leather craft, and other handmade crafts are acceptable.
2. Only entries completed in their respective months will be eligible for entering into the contest.
3. One entry per month per participant.
4. Must be a member of San Jose Chapter of the American Sewing Guild to participate.
5. Each month’s project photo should be sent using the button “Submit Entry” and complete the form by 11:59 pm on the last day of that month. Please send just One photo as a jpg o jpeg format. If you wish to show more than one view please us an app to create a photo collage and then submit the multi-view photo. Only one photo will be shown on the website /entry.
6. Winner to be announced at our Annual Meeting in the fall. You need not be present at the Annual Meeting to win, but we would love to see you there!
The Challenge calendar year is September 22, 2023 to August 31, 2024.
7. Please visit the Members only page if you would rather email your entry for the challenge.
if you have any concerns about photographing your projects please read this article Helpful hints for photographing your projects
Opportunities for members
Google group coordinator
Gala/Annual meeting coordinator
Google Workspace Manager
The underline text has a link to find out more about the position. Otherwise please use the Contact Us in the footer. Thank you.