Please join us in celebrating your love of sewing! We provide networking opportunities for sewing enthusiasts and welcome everyone who loves to sew regardless of skill level. Come for inspiration, to learn from each other, & share your love of sewing with us and the community.
We are 160+ members & Celebrating 35 years as a chapter!
Let's Make Dolls!
Community Service Project Sew Day
February 13, 2023. 10 am to 4 pm
Location: Calvary United Methodist Church 729 Morse StreetSan Jose, CA 95126.
There is a limit to 10 people for this event. Registration required!
Bring your sewing machines, doll patterns, basic tools and supplies to make the actual dolls themselves. There is not a specific pattern, any pattern you have will do, and it can be a boy or a girl pattern.
The following members are providing
Marsha - fabric in different shades, eyes, & stuffing
Kaye - Yarn for the hair,& small crochet hook
Bring fabrics and supplies to make clothes for the dolls, if we have time.
The above Register button will take you off of this site to a Google Form page.
San Jose in Stitches Challenge
Celebrate San Jose ASG for being a chapter for 35 years by participating in the challenges! To enter the contest, you must make the challenge of the month, take a picture and send to SanJoseInStitches@ASGsanjose.org. (Don’t worry this one email will get your photo to the Website manager, social media coordinator and newsletter editor.) A photo of a completed challenge gives you one chance to win a $100 prize. Your photo may appear in our newsletter, our website and our social media pages so that all can enjoy your projects. (The maker does not need to appear in the photo) The winner will be chosen randomly from the entries (pictures) received. The challenges are as follows:
February Make outerwear.
March Make a project with Sewing themed Fabric
April Incorporate Embroidery (Hand or Machine) in a project.
May Combine Stripes & Polka dots in a project
June Make Summer wear
July Make a project from your fabric stash
August Make a project for Any Holiday
September Make a Bag or purse
October Make a project using sweater knit or any knit
November Make a Community Service Project
December Make a gift
Let’s see how creative and productive we can be! Good luck and happy sewing!
The rules are as follows:
1. Entries must be hand made. Sewing, quilting, machine or hand embroidery, knitting, crochet, beading, weaving, leather craft, and other handmade crafts are acceptable.
2. Only entries completed in their respective months will be eligible for entering into the contest.
3. One entry per month per participant.
4. Must be a member of San Jose Chapter of the American Sewing Guild to participate.
5. Each month’s project photo should be sent to SanJoseInStitches@ASGsanjose.org by 11:59 pm on the last day of that month.
6. Winner to be announced at our Annual Meeting in the fall. You need not be present at the Annual Meeting to win, but we would love to see you there!
if you have any concerns about photographing your projects please read this article Helpful hints for photographing your projects